You can add a custom signature that appears at the bottom of all the messages you send. The signature is a text string that you can use to personalize your messages. For example, you can use a salutation and your name as your custom signature: “Thanks, Scott”.
You can create only one custom signature for an account. You can create only one custom signature per account, which means that accounts with multiple accounts must share a “group” signature. If you have an account with multiple users, then make sure that your customer signature is appropriate for all the users.
If you add a custom signature, then it appears in all of the messages that you send. This includes replies to the messages that are sent to you, scheduled messages, auto-reply messages, and keyword messages.
There are two methods you can use to add a custom signature: as a stand-alone task or as part of the auto-reply message process. This article includes both methods.
Important: When you add a custom signature to your message, the number of characters in the signature count against the 250-character limit for Zipwhip messages. For example, if you add the custom signature Scott Jones, then your message can only include 240 characters because there are ten characters in Scott Jones. This is an important consideration in your auto reply and keyword messaging. You may choose to not use a custom signature so that you can use the maximum number of characters in the auto-reply or keyword message.
To add a custom signature as a stand-alone task:
1. On the Zipwhip
main menu, click Settings
2. In the Settings
dialog box, click the Messaging
3. Select Include the signature below in my message
4. In the Custom Signature
box, type the appropriate signature.
5. Click Save Custom Signature
To add a custom signature as part of the auto-reply message process:
1. On the toolbar, click the Auto Reply button.
2. In the Auto Reply dialog box, click the Add button
3. In the Name this auto reply box, type the appropriate auto reply name.
4. In the Type your auto reply message box, type the appropriate message. Remember, you can use a maximum of 250 characters (including spaces).
Note: When you type your message, the dots below the message box change color to indicate how many of the 250 characters you have used.
5. After you type the name and message, click On to turn-on the auto reply message.
6. To add a custom signature to the auto reply message, clic Edit Signature.
a. On the Messaging tab of the Settings dialog box, select Include the signature below in my messages.
b. In the Custom Signature box, type the appropriate signature.
c. Click Save Custom Signature.
d. In the Save Signature dialog box, click OK.
e. Close the Settings dialog box.
Note: If there is an existing custom signature and change the signature, then the new custom signature does not appear in the Auto Reply dialog box.
7. AM/PM hours must be set up separately